供暖的冰房子(神秘的冰屋 是还好吗让你供暖的)

生存在南极圈的因纽特人,以创造冰屋而驰名寰球。这种用规格各别的雪砖垒砌而成的冰屋,美丽又适用。一座好的冰屋不妨在一40℃的功夫,维持室内温度在0℃安排。冰屋建在宽大朝阳之处,它最特殊的是圆顶,那是一块块雪块按顺序雕砌成的,无任何维持构造,却坚忍真实。为了御侮,还要在屋顶上盖一层厚厚的野草,再覆一层海豹皮。用海牛肠子做窗户的隐蔽物,只透光而不透气,也起到御侮效率。因纽特人生生世世寓居在如许的房子里,变成一起寰球奇景。

For thousands of years, humans, and plants and animals long before that, have been using frozen "sky water" to keep warm. which sort of doesn't make sense.

几千年来,生人,动植被都运用雪来取暖,这毫无原因。

Because snow is cool.

由于雪是凉的。

You might even say it's… ice cold.

以至是说冰冷的。

No one knows for sure who built the first igloo, but with the right fit and the right physics, snow can actually warm you better than the inside of a tauntaun.

没人真实领会谁创造了第一个冰屋,但经过有理的结构以及有理的物理,雪供暖的本领要比呆在汤汤的体内还好。 (注:汤汤是星球大战里的假造底栖生物,雪地四脚蛇)

"You'll be ok, Luke"!

"没事儿的,卢克!"

So, how can something cold keep you cozy?

但那些冷的货色怎样为你供暖呢?

The vast, frozen Arctic is one of the most forbidding environments on our planet, yet, the Inuit have managed to live there for about 5,000 years.

宏大的南极是地球上情况最残酷的场合,但因纽特人却想法在何处生存了大概5000年。

Out on the pack ice, winter temperatures reach 50 degrees below zero , and when it's that cold, surviving means finding shelter.

冬天,冰面上的温度到达了零下50华氏度,在寒冬的气象下,找到栖息地才不妨存活下来。

It's not an area known for its forests, so nomadic hunters learned t口口网o build with the only thing available: snow.

南极并没有丛林,所以游牧人学会了用仅有的雪来创造衡宇。

Eskimo languages really do have dozens and dozens of different words for snow, because there are a lot of different types, and the type of snow you choose can dictate whether your igloo keeps you warm, or turns you into a Homo sapiensicle.

在爱斯基摩语中,有很多各别的用语都表白"雪",那些雪被分为各别的品种,按照雪的品种,不妨估计出冰屋会为你供暖仍旧会将你形成"冰冻人"。

To understand this, we need to know a little something about being cold.

为了更好地领会,咱们须要领会少许对于"冷"的常识。

When your body temperature starts to plummet – you're feeling heat leave you.

当体温发端低沉时,你会发觉渐渐遗失了一切热量。

Cold can't move into your body – in fact, there is no such thing as cold.

冰冷并不会加入你的身材,究竟上,并没有某样货色是"冷"。

Where have I heard that before?

我是在何处听到这个看法的?

Oh, right!

哦,对。

Think of heat as an actual quantity of stuff.

即使把热量看成一个有分量的物体。

The more you give away, the colder you feel.

流失的热量越多,你就会发觉越冷。

This trading of heat can happen three different ways: by convection, conduction, and radiation.

热量的传播经过三种办法举行:对流、传导和辐射。

All three are at play in an igloo.

冰屋内里,热量传播的这三种办法都实行了。

A person inside will radiate body heat, which moves around the igloo by convection, and is lost through the walls by conduction.

冰屋内里的人会辐射热量,经过对流效率,热量连接地在屋内震动,但那些热量,因为传导效率,会分散出去。

This is exactly what happens in your house.

这即是屋内所举行的物理进程。

Living insulation does the same thing.

保鲜资料即是应用的这个道理举行保鲜。

Fatty tissues like blubber help stop heat transfer in whales and seals, but for animals who don't have as much junk in the trunk, they cover themselves in air.

富裕油脂的货色,如鲸脂,遏止了鲸鱼和海豹之间的热量传播,但那些没有很多油脂的众生则用毛来保鲜。

Sea otter fur, for example, is about a thousand times denser than human hair.

比方,海龙皮,海龙皮比生人的毛发要深刻大概一千倍。

It's snuggly stuff.

它的毛特殊安宁。

"This is the softest thing I've ever felt in my life. You are adorable"!

"这是我人生傍边摸过的最柔嫩的货色。你太心爱了!"

But the secret to its insulation power is in its texture.

海龙毛保鲜的神秘在乎毛的纹理。

Otter fur is spiky, so it traps insulating air molecules.

海龙毛锋利,不妨困住保鲜气氛分子。

And that is exactly what snowflakes do.

和雪花是一律的。

Powdery, fresh snow can be up to 95% trapped air.

陈腐的粉末状雪花偶尔能锁住95%的气氛。

This makes it an excellent insulator, but the same way you have to pack it in your hands to make a snowball, it isn't dense enough to build with.

所以,雪花利害常好的保鲜资料,但即使你想抓一把雪花做一个雪球的话,你会创造做不了,由于密度不够。

Solid ice, on the other hand, makes a good windbreaker, but it's too heavy to lift.

另一上面,坚忍的冰防风功效很好,但太沉,拿不动。

Inuit hunters took the Goldilocks approach: the secret to good igloo snow is somewhere in the middle.

因纽特人沿用了金凤花的方法:冰屋供暖的神秘在乎冰屋的中央局部。

Traditional igloo blocks aren't molded, they'口口网;re cut out of the ground.

保守的冰屋并没有房子的局面,人们是径直把地挖一个口儿。

That tightly-packed ground snow is dense enough to hold up, but because it still has far more air pockets than a block of ice, it's light, and still a pretty good insulator.

地上的雪特殊精细,不妨被拿起来,但个中的气氛仍旧比冰内含有的气氛更多,比拟简捷,仍旧是个好的保鲜资料。

供暖的冰房子(神秘的冰屋 是还好吗让你供暖的) 第1张

As usual, animals figured this one out long before humans.

和平常一律,众生比生人更早创造这个神秘。

Polar bears, groundhogs, even birds like grouse all make snow burrows to stay warm.

南极熊,土拨鼠,以至是鸟类,比方松鸡,都打雪洞来供暖。

And even before that, plants were tucking into snow to avoid death by freezing.

以至在这之前,植被会把本人卷起来,埋入雪中,以防本人被冻死。

During the warm months, heat energy from the sun builds up in soil, and just like the the roof above your head, a deep covering of snow prevents that heat from escaping onward and upward.

天和缓了此后,泥土接收太阳的热量,雪就像头顶的屋顶一律,提防热量蒸发。

This snowy blanket above stops ice crystals from forming inside plant roots, and shoots, and seeds.

雪就像一席毯子,提防冰花冻伤植被的根部,新苗和健将。

Not freezing to death is a pretty good motivator for any animal to get crafty, but our big primate brains took it one step further with igloos.

不被冻死是一切众生变精致的能源之一,然而生人的中脑更进步了一步,想出了冰屋。

Their engineering maximizes warmth and stability.

生人最大化雪花的供暖功效和宁静性。

Cartoon igloos look like flat-bottomed half-spheres, but in reality, they're neither of those things!

动画内里的冰屋看上去像平面包车型的士半圆,但本质上不是。

If you were to slice a real igloo in half, you'd see a shape called a cate口口网nary.

即使把真实的冰屋分红两局部,你不妨瞥见悬链线的形势。

This gradually sloping shape is the same one that would form if you held a chain from both ends and let it droop.

即使你拿着一根链条的两头,让它自在地下降,获得的形势即是悬链线。

A catenary arch distributes weight more evenly than a half circle, without bulging or buckling.

链状比半圆更能接受住分量,而且不会被压弯。

In fact it's one of the most stable arches in nature, so sound that we still use it today.

究竟上,这是天然界中最坚韧的弓形之一,此刻咱们仍旧往往用到。

Inside, snow houses are carved in different levels.

冰屋内里有分层。

The hot air rises, and the cold air sinks down into the lower part, and away from where you would eat, sleep, and chill.

热气氛飞腾,冷气氛低沉至低处,离开你用饭、安排以及感触冰冷的场合。

To boot, body heat melts the innermost layer of the walls, strengthening the barrier between you, your airy snow-block insulation, and the frigid great beyond.

人的体热融化了墙最深处的局部,巩固了人、保鲜层和外边冰冷之间的妨碍。

When you live in an igloo, you act as a living furnace.

生存在冰屋内,生人即是活火炉。

Over time, the temperature in your icy abode can hover some 40-60 degrees above the surrounding air, but bring a friend to your igloo party, and you'll get warmer, faster.

冰屋的温度在40-60华氏度之间徜徉,即使你带伙伴去你的冰屋内里聚集,那你就会变得更和缓。

Stay cozy, and stay curious!